MultiState is a full-service state and local government relations firm. We are seeking an energetic and innovative marketing professional to join our growing Marketing and Client Development team. The Marketing Manager will report to the Vice President, Marketing, and work closely with an experienced team of government affairs professionals to develop and execute strategies to build MultiState’s brand awareness, generate new business, and market MultiState’s services in the government affairs industry. Salary is commensurate with experience. MultiState provides access to an array of benefits, including health insurance, paid leave, and retirement savings. This position is open to remote work.
Experience and Skills
- 1-3 years experience managing marketing campaigns and channels for a business or trade association, or in the public sector. Experience with email marketing and social media is a must (past examples of work preferred).
- Basic understanding of the state government affairs industry and/or the state and local policy process.
- Ability to design graphics for use in marketing efforts. If not a trained or experienced designer yourself, possess a basic eye for design and have the ability to follow, copy, and imitate templates that have already been set up (past examples of work preferred).
- Ability to take initiative in a fast-paced environment without daily, detailed direction. Be adaptable to changing timetables and able to prioritize effectively.
- Maintain a high attention to detail and a keen eye for spotting typos and errors.
- Able to manage a process from start to finish, plus make recommendations for process improvements.
- Exceptional written communication skills with the ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Experience with software and services used in a corporate marketing environment, including Google Office Suite, MailChimp, Canva, and others.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and execute strategies to increase web traffic and brand awareness.
- Maintain monthly, quarterly, and annual content calendar on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for upkeep of the MultiState company website, including facilitating periodic review of all perennial content, plus facilitating new content to be published on the MultiState blog, resource pages, and issue pages. Additionally, will manage the content posting process, including blog management. [No software development or coding required; MultiState’s engineering team coordinates with the Marketing Manager on the technical elements of the website.]
- Be creative and generate new content ideas, such as webinars, blog posts, white papers, and industry resources by developing and maintaining relationships with other internal MultiState teams. For example, working with the policy or sales teams to create resources each month to drive leads and subscribers.
- Set monthly and quarterly content metrics and goals and use these to drive future strategy. Ability to use marketing metrics to evaluate current activities and make recommendations for future action.
- Familiarity and experience with Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
Social Media Marketing
- Maintain company social media accounts (LinkedIn and Twitter). Provide recommendations and opportunities for staff social media engagement with Multistate content, as well.
- Develop and execute social media campaigns, including paid social.
- Maintain short-term social media content calendars, planning each week’s content with the marketing team.
- Create graphics using Canva and Google Drawings to accompany social posts.
- Monitor social media data to improve content and delivery strategies.
- Manage and execute MultiState’s email marketing program, working with other internal teams to write copy and execute design.
- Manage contact database (MailChimp), including monthly and annual maintenance and development of strategies to improve contact management.
- Monitor email marketing data to improve content and delivery strategies.
Conferences and Events
- Manage travel and conference schedule for MultiState and sales leads. Promote MultiState company and staff engagement at industry events as appropriate.
- Act as point-person for all vendors as it relates to conferences (sponsorships, exhibiting, etc.).
- Facilitate and promote staff speaking opportunities with government affairs and other industry groups.
Other General Duties
- Manage general style and brand and ensure all outgoing materials fit the MultiState brand and style.
- Track key marketing metrics and set monthly marketing goals to be reported to internal MultiState teams.
- Keep informed of marketing industry strategies and trends, especially as they relate to the sale of business-to-business services.
- Assist the sales team as needed, including conducting market research on competitors to augment marketing efforts, and developing pitch decks and service proposals from templates.
- Assist with slide decks as needed. Experience with Microsoft Powerpoint or Google Slides is a plus, in addition to familiarity with basic slide design principles.
- Pitch content to various media outlets and influences (policy influencers, policy newsletter managers, etc.), and track and promote company and staff media mentions.
- Manage all print promotional materials, including annual chart mailer, business cards, and others as needed.
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing “Marketing Manager” in the subject line:
- Cover letter
- Examples of past marketing and graphic design work
- Writing sample
- Two references