MultiState is hiring a Policy Analyst to join our growing team. MultiState is a full-service state and local government relations company. We exist to make the extraordinary expected so our clients can act with confidence to achieve their goals.
MultiState seeks an energetic, detail-oriented Policy Analyst to work on a growing portfolio of legislative and regulatory issues of importance to our clients, including healthcare, environmental, and energy issues, among others. The position requires reading and analyzing legislation and regulations for client interest areas; responding to client requests; and writing legislative summaries, issue briefs, and articles for our website. Opportunities also exist for statutory research. The Policy Analyst reports to the Vice President, Issue Management, and works closely with an experienced team of company leadership, policy analysts, and other company teams.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Special consideration will be given to those candidates with experience in energy, environmental, and energy issues. MultiState provides access to an array of benefits, including health insurance, paid leave, and retirement savings. This position is open to remote work.
The successful candidate will:
- Understand state legislative and regulatory process;
- Understand local-level legislative process;
- Be detail-oriented;
- Have strong research skills (statutory research experience a plus);
- Have outstanding written communication skills;
- Be a strong team player;
- Take initiative and thrive in a fast-paced environment without daily, detailed direction;
- Be adaptable to changing timetables and able to prioritize effectively.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Identify, analyze, and track state legislation and regulations, as well as issue trends related to client concerns.
- Identify and report on local municipal activity, as well as issue trends related to client concerns.
- Conduct policy research and analysis.
- Draft legislative and regulatory summaries, issue trend reports, blog posts, and analysis on relevant state and local policy developments to be used both externally and for internal client purposes.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required; Master’s degree or Juris Doctorate degree candidates also welcomed.
- Legal, legislative, or public policy experience preferred.
- Knowledge of healthcare/pharmacy, environmental, or energy issues is a plus.
- Strong analytical abilities with high attention to detail.
- Ability to synthesize high volumes of information quickly and distill to basics for client audiences.
- Exceptional written communication skills with the ability to write clearly, concisely, and expeditiously.
- Ability to triage (i.e., know which projects and tasks are the most pressing and prioritize accordingly).
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, writing/research sample, and two references to email@example.com, referencing “Policy Analyst” in the subject line of your email.