MultiState is hiring Compliance Associates to join our growing team. MultiState is a full-service state and local government relations company. We exist to make the extraordinary expected so our clients can act with confidence to achieve their goals.
Compliance Associates are members of the Compliance team and provide support to clients in the areas of lobbying and campaign finance compliance. Compliance Associates will work closely with members of the Compliance team, as well as other teams (Issue Management, Strategic Government Relations, and Lobbying) as needed.
Salary is commensurate with experience. MultiState provides access to an array of benefits, including health insurance, paid leave, and retirement savings. This position can operate from MultiState’s Old Town Alexandria, VA Office or remotely.
The successful candidate will:
- Be detail-oriented.
- Have strong time management and organizational skills.
- Have strong research skills - statutory research experience a plus.
- Have outstanding written communication skills.
- Be a strong team player.
- Be adaptable to changing timetables and able to prioritize effectively.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and maintain expertise of state and local lobbying and campaign finance compliance rules and form management in assigned jurisdictions.
- Prepare and file state and local lobbying and campaign finance registration and reports, as assigned.
- Support clients, lobbyists, and team members.
- Draft blog posts, and analysis on relevant state policy developments to be used both externally and for internal client purposes.
- Conduct compliance research and analysis.
Skills and Experience
- Strong analytical abilities with high attention to detail.
- Exceptional written communication skills with the ability to write clearly, concisely, and expeditiously.
- Ability to triage (i.e., know which projects and tasks are the most pressing and prioritize accordingly).
- Working knowledge of state political processes and government relations.
- Paralegal experience is preferred.
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com, referencing “Political Compliance Associate” in the subject line:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample
- Two references